HIV and AIDS can be a sensitive matter, whether one has the condition or not. Our skilled and professional consultants respect your right to privacy and will help you get access to clinically sound and cost-effective treatment for your individual case.
This programme provides access to benefits for treatment and counselling to all Scheme beneficiaries who are HIV positive, or who are exposed to the HIV virus and are at risk of infection. We will always manage each case with complete confidentiality.
Benefits of the Programme include:
- Adherence monitoring
- Authorisation and access to Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART)
- Authorisation and access to monitoring tests
- Authorisation and access to treatment for Opportunistic Infections (OIs)
- Authorisation for access to multivitamins and vaccinations
- Authorisation for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) following accidental and unintended potential exposure to HIV
- Authorisation for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) before potential exposure to HIV by HIV-negative people to prevent the acquisition of HIV
- Authorisation for Prevention of Mother-To-Child Transmission (PMTCT), including milk formula
How to register if you are HIV positive or may have been accidentally exposed to the virus
- Please contact Libcare Contact Centre for an application form by calling 0800 12 CARE (2273) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your treating doctor will complete the form and the patient signs consent. The completed form, blood tests and prescription must be sent to Libcare on email@example.com
- Libcare reviews the clinical information received, the treating doctor will be contacted if necessary to discuss treatment options or if any further clinical information is needed.
- An authorisation letter which includes your treatment plan will be sent to you and your doctor, the Care team, will maintain contact with you for support and to answer any questions that you may have.
If you are a new applicant for Libcare membership, you do not have to disclose your HIV status on the membership application form. Once you have submitted your Libcare membership application form, please contact the confidential HIV Management department.